Judge Training

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 05:46:39 AKDT 2004

Let me toss out some "brainstorming" thoughts.
No quick solutions, but maybe someone can build on them.

Most of us spend much more time flying our maneuver schedules,
that we practice judging the several schedules we may be called
upon to judge.

The judging seminars are good.  If we could find more time to devote
to judge training, adding flying/judging sessions would be great.

The flash card idea would probably be a great training tool.

The Turnaround schedules compress judging time and make increased
demands on the proficiency of the judge.  At the Worlds a while back,
I understand that some judges were assigned to judge center maneuvers,
and different judges did the end maneuvers.  A bit more time to make "judgements" seems good.  Ive practiced judging either center,
or both end maneuvers.  I think quality of the scores improved.
Of course, that requires more judges, which are already in short supply.

Later, Ron Lockhart