Snaps

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 05:53:18 AKDT 2004

Jerry:
I can find little to fault with your discussion on Snaps.  But, a
question:  While talking weight, don't we really mean Mass?  I realize
you don't want to get into a physics lesson here, but I'm relating to
the idea of wing loading/velocity/ displacement from flight path as
thinking that the typical pattern plane which is designed to do most of
the other maneuvers smoothly, is now being asked to do something that is
rather brutal and outside the normal requirements for the design.
In other words, it almost seems as if we need a separate design to do
(true) snaps well. (as a kind of exaggeration.)
Comments?

Bill Glaze