A Suggestion for Stimulating Discussions

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Apr 12 06:12:13 AKDT 2004

Guys,

I'm just catching up on e-mail after a weekend away.

I notice that some folks had gotten anxious about whether
the list was working and fell foul of the new filters
that send "test" messages to the bit bucket.

It's very easy to both stimulate discussion and
test the list at the same time: just post a weather
report, a field report, or a building report to the
list.

You kill two birds with one stone.  You'll see whether
the list is working and give folks something to reply
to at the same time.

Weather report: it's getting nice in the Buffalo
area.  I love spring time!

Field report: the mud is getting walkable at
Reservoir Park.

Building report: I'm closing in on finishing a
non-pattern gasoline-powered Ultra Sport 1000.
It's an experiment.  I've played with lots of
techniques that should work well when I build
my next pattern plane: inlaying the canopy,
fixed gear on the fuselage, pull-pull on the
rudder, dual servos for the elevators (ridiculous
overkill on the tiny US elevators), etc.
I doubt it will have enough power even for
practicing intermediate pattern, and I shoulda
clipped the wings to meet the 2-meter rule,
but it's been a fun project over the last
TWO YEARS.  :o(

					Marty #2874