NSRCA Formal Announcement

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Sep 24 06:59:01 AKDT 2003

--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 8:27 AM -0500 Tony Stillman <tony at radiosouthrc.com> wrote:

> ... Personally, I don't like the idea of a person winning the Districts who
> just joined at the contest ...

It doesn't bother me.

A member is a member.

Sounds like the old member got outflown by the new member.

Seems to me that we're supposed to win by flying better
than the other guy, not by seniority in the club.

"Hard cases make bad law."

I wouldn't pass a law that insists on a timeline for
membership prior to a contest.  Being eligible for a
trophy seems to have gained us a new member.  If he
won the contest in the air, then he also seems to be
the kind of pilot the NSRCA would like to have on board.

I'm not in the affected district.  I'm a pattern worm.
I've got two plaques that I cherish and plans to win
more Any Day Now.  It may be that there are some facts
that I'm not aware of in this dispute--if I've misstated
them, I apologize.

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org