D4 Championships

davel322 at comcast.net davel322 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 10:02:35 AKDT 2003

I'd like to add my thanks to Bob Pannell, Mark Atwood, the Comair club, and all
the helpers recruited by Bob and Mark.  A very well run contest at a great
facility with great food and very entertaining extracurriculars.  Arriving home
after midnight wasn't fun, but it was worth it.  If you have the time in 2004,
a highly recommended event.

It was good to catch up with many of the D4 and D5 flyers and see some faces
from the past (Mike M and Geoff C).  I suspect Mike might win FAI next year if
he gets in another dozen flights before then (pretty awesome flying for 1st
pattern event in 7 years).

Dave Lockhart

# discussion-request at nsrca.org