BDS PATTERN CHALLENGE, IMPORTANT UPDATE !!! WE ARE ON FOR THIS SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!!!!! (fwd)

davel322 at comcast.net davel322 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 06:01:25 AKDT 2003

The BDS Challenge went off without a hitch on the rescheduled date of 6
September after being rained out the previous weekend.  The weather was perfect
and the BDS field is unquestionably one of the best flying sites I have seen in
the northeast.  HUGE thanks to Ed Miller and the BDS Squadron for organizing
and hosting the event (twice!!).

Competition was very tight in Advanced and Masters, and Ed managed to get 4
rounds in for all contestants.  For those who did not make the event, you might
want to seriously consider adding to your calendar for next year (yes Ed, we
want to come back next year).

And for those that stayed a bit late, the local cropduster (Agwagon bipe) and
an Aeronca put on an imprompt airshow - very LOW level passes over the roads,
behind the buildings, around trees, follow the leader, etc - and the Aeronca
even made a quick landing and takeoff.

Thanks again to the BDS for hosting a great event.

Dave Lockhart