YS 140FZ Help

Ron Sonderegger ronsond at erols.com
Wed Sep 3 03:38:46 AKDT 2003

I am in the process of breaking in and tweaking a new YS140FZ.  I'm
replacing an old YS120NC in a Prophecy that I never got to idle
properly.  I am using Wildcat YS 20 20 fuel and an OS-F glow plug.  The
instructions say start the high speed at 2 and 1/2 turns open and the
low speed 1 and 1/2 turns open.  By the way the 140FZ has a very
different high speed needle compared to my old 120NC.  At those settings
I'm getting good open throttle power but the idle is way to rich.  We
opened the low speed needle/air bleed all the way to 2 and 1/2 turns out
and the engine appears to be still rich on idle. The low speed
needle/air bleed does not appear to have much effect.  I also turned the
regulator screw in 1/4 turn attempting to get a better idle.  I've only
run a tank through this 140FZ so far.  Can some one with first hand
experience tell me what their settings are on a 140FZ.  -------- Ron

# discussion-request at nsrca.org