schedules

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Sat Oct 25 13:03:03 AKDT 2003

Nicely put Ron, I agree.

  First, I don't know who said there 'was no time' to change the 401 - 403 maneuver schedules.  I never did.   There's always time.  What there's a shortage of is people to volunteer to act on committees to come up with new maneuver schedules.  I was on the committee which came up with all the current schedules and didn't care to do it twice in a row, especially when the biggest whiners are often the ones who wouldn't serve on a committee if asked.  If people want change, they need to volunteer.  It takes less effort to get a job done than to complain that someone else won't do it for you. Only the guilty should feel offended.

  Second, 401 - 403 have sequences which are made up of maneuvers of increasing complexity.  There are only so many ways these maneuvers can be put together without the resulting maneuver schedule looking very similar to the one which preceeded it.  I think 401 and 402 should stay very much the same, partly because of what I just wrote and partly because many competitors go through the schedules and advance to the followon (new to them) maneuver schedules in a year or two.  Just because they advance, they see new maneuver schedules every other year or so.  The pilots who sit in these classes for years are really the only ones who notice that the maneuver schedules haven't changed.  I think that 403 is the only class which should change much and that's only because it is the terminal class for many pilots who have reached the pinnacle of their piloting ability.

  Ron Van Putte