couplers and pipes

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Oct 9 18:44:46 AKDT 2003

There's one coming......

Probably won't be out till next spring...but there is a solution in the
works. Can't speak for the products yet as I don't have them yet. But the
bead on the pipe to hold the Teflon in place is a feature.....Don't want to
let the cat out of the bag yet....But when I get it and run it I will let
you guys know as always. But there is a solution in the works....

I also saw a guy that stuck the spring type clamp right on top of the
bead....?  It should always go in front of the bead...Idea being the Teflon
can flow and will size around the bead....But the heat and forces can't open
the spring clamp up and slide it past the bead...So what happens is the
Teflon forms to the Spring clamp and the Bead and the won't slip off....The
smaller diameter is held in place by the clamp and it can't stretch to go
back over the bead and come off.

As for the guy that's burning out the Teflon's...Look to the pipe for too
much restriction...If the pipe gets plugged up with crap....it will run it
hot and burn out the Teflon....Also if you are burning out the Teflon
couplers you will notice it folds in on itself...sometimes a piece of this
crap will travel down the pipe and get stuck in the baffles.....My
suggestion is try a different pipe. If it works without the burnout problem
toss the pipe and get a new one.

TN