How to know which pipe to use.

D Suding junk at velocitus.net
Thu Oct 9 12:36:30 AKDT 2003

Gabriel-

Here is a list I compiled the last time this question was asked:

------------------
Troy:

Central Hi Performance Header, Hatori 693
Slide the 5/8" Teflon over the end of the Hatori 15mm pipe inlet and use a
piece of silicone coupler like on the 2 stroke pipe setups to bridge the
gap. This way the Teflon is over the pipe inlet and no Exhaust gases are
hitting the silicone coupler. This lasts a long long time...over a year
before replacing the Silicone coupler and it doesn't leak past the silicone
coupler. Use a Spring clamp Hatori style on both ends of the silicone
coupler. Front one will clamp the silicone and 5/8" Teflon onto the Hatori
Pipe and the rear one is used to attached the silicone to the Hatori pipe.
Works very well.

Available from Central Hobby at www.centralhobbies.com/Exhaust/Exhaust.html
Silicone Part # NMPHTS

Pipe is...#698  FAI Pipe for 120~140-4C 35 mm 460 mm on
www.centralhobbies.com/Exhaust/mufflers.html

Works good. Not as light as you can go but no problems with it.

It makes noise and doesn't melt under high temps.
Troy

--------------

Ray:
central hobby high performance header, 6" teflon coupler, es composites new
high temp carbon fiber muffler

--------------

Chad:
New Greve 140 DZ pipe, more baffles, more volume than the previous
version, very
mellow tone.  Super light (almost as light as ES pipes) and wont melt.

Johnson header, Johnson 15mm-5/8" teflon coupler.  Has good longevity
(only brok
one all summer), a little heavier and longer than the Hatori header, but
cheaper
.

--------------
Mark:
ES Composite pipe, Central performance header, 6" of teflon coupler, 17x12
prop,
Power master 30% low viscosity fuel.  No problems...yet...less than 40
flights.

---------------

Ed Deaver:
Central Hobbies Wrap Around Header with back plate support, 4" teflon
couper(mcmaster carr) and hatori 140 size Pipe(the one with the long
stinger)

Haven't burnt out a coupler yet.  Runs cooler than the L's

Magnum DZ fuel
APc 16.5X12
OS F plug

Big Smiles.

Adam Glatt
CD header, 698 Hatori pipe.

Nedim Bek
Hatori header, Hatori 693 pipe. 16X12W APC, 25%Nitro.
Coupler is loose and leaks all the time.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org