How to know which pipe to use.

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 13:39:10 AKDT 2003

Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:

>Ron, did you modify any of the pipes, or just used them like they are?

I did not modify any of the pipes.  Since I use headers with a 1/2"
outlet, I use 1/2" PTFE teflon tubing between the header and pipe.
 Consequently, I have to expand the diameter of the teflon tubing to fit
the pipe.  I do this by heating the ends of nut drivers with
progressively larger diameter on my kitchen stove.  I push the smallest
one into the tubing and allow the heat to soften the tubing until it is
very pliable; then I insert the next larger size and so on until I can
slide the muffler into the tubing with no resistance.  As the teflon
tubing cools, it clamps down on the pipe.  I have never had a piece of
PTFE teflon tube fail in this application.  My Advantage has had the
same exhaust system in it for two contest seasons.

Ron Van Putte