Bigger Issues

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Nov 20 06:51:00 AKST 2003

I understand you guys want suceed (sp?)  from the union...Hey living here in
Atlanta I can understand that a little.

But here is a problem with events that don't sanctions. As a member of the
F3A team selection program, this past cycle candidates were required to
compete is 5 contests in order to qualify for the Finals event. Now this
setup is to help promote F3A on a local contest level. We had a year plus
some to get these 5 contests in....I know of one guy that had to travel
about 1000 miles to an event....another event for this card punch.....The
reason he had to travel this long distance to a contest is because a local
contest in his district which he attended last fall was not a sanctioned
event. Therefore it could not be counted. He almost missed the TSC because
of a NSRCA run contest that was not sanctioned by AMA.

Now as for John's comment about F3A guys not supporting local events....I
don't know what to say other than I personally attended 13 contests this
year! 11 of which were local events. These were from California, Arizona,
Nevada, out to Florida, Alabama, Carolinas, and Indiana.

Some of my fellow F3A competitors don't do this. I wish they did!

In the next Team Selection cycle if I attend an event to get my card punched
and find out its not a AMA event and therefore nothing more than a fun
fly....I doubt I will ever return to that contest out of frustration.

Just some of the results of these actions. You can take your marbles and go
home...but I think its foolish.

Troy