Bigger issues--Long as usual from me

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Wed Nov 19 14:51:44 AKST 2003

>Bill:
>
>I understand that.  That's what I meant.  You were able to beat them
>over the head with a 2 x 4 and get them to see it your way.
>
>We tried the same approach with this annex thing Ron is talking
>about, and were told to stop dead in our tracks.
>
>Even though I am the President of NSRCA, I don't think I have the
>power to tell the AMA Executive Council to "see it our way or we
>walk"!  Now, if that's what the membership wants us to do, we will
>do that.  But not without first making sure everyone knows what the
>cost will be.  It will take a bunch of people to step up  and get
>serious.  It's pretty easy to type notes to this list, but much more
>difficult to decide to do everything ourselves.  It can be done,
>however.  It has been done in the past.
>
>I don't like the direction AMA is taking any better than any of you....
>
>Am I getting a signal from this mailing list that we need to remove
>ourselves from AMA and do everything ourselves?

I think the signal (read message) is that the NSRCA
Officers/Leadership need to be willing to explore all reasonable
possibilities concerning what is best for the NSRCA membership (the
entire membership, not just the F3A community).  If that means
backing away from SIG status to achieve the results NSRCA needs then
that ought to be considered.  I suspect that it won't get that far
though - AMA may be slow and bureaucracy laden, but they're not
stupid (well... give me that one if only to make my point!).

Thx, Jerry

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jbudd at qnet.com