Receivers - Range - Low/High Banded

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Tue Nov 18 06:32:18 AKST 2003

The range dual range on Futaba helps prevent any range problems that could
occur from slightly misaligned tuning.  I have jumped several frequencies
with no problem but not more then 3 up or down.   It is always best to have
it tuned to the specific frequency that you are using for optimum
performance.   I have used the HiTech receivers and they don't even specify
a low/high band with good results also with my Futaba transmitter.  The
lower priced receivers seem to be a little more sensitive to different types
of interference.  Your range can vary depending on your setup, engine
resonance, materials in construction, metal to metal noises, length of wire
leads, shortened antennas... on and on.    I have experienced problems with
carbon fiber fuse that had metal pull/pull wires.  And when I went to a
pushrod and kevlar the problem went away.  When range checking make sure you
are not any where near a metal table or metal fence post, flag pole, etc.
I have had people hold my airplane that I think caused reduce range due to
their magnetic personality...heh! heh!  Your mileage may very.

Wayne G.