Rule Change Survey Results

spbyrum spbyrum at hiwaay.net
Sun Nov 16 11:12:27 AKST 2003

SPA flies its contests as Class C Restricted.  That means we're
technically a fun fly and can make up the rules as we go along.  It's
not quite that crazy, but it does give us the opportunity to fix things
quickly.  Last year, the membership voted to include a loop with one and
one half snaps and a two turn reversed spin in the Expert pattern.
These both proved to be beyond the skill (or desire to practice) of a
large number of pilots.  We will replace them in January.  These two
maneuvers hurt attendance last summer.  If we adhered to AMA's rule
cycle, we'd be stuck with them.

A down-side to non-rulebook events is that there is no protected zone.