Rule Change Survey Results

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 07:25:20 AKST 2003

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing in the AMA Member rules that
says you can't fly competitively in a non-sanctioned event. There actually a
statement that specifically indicates that you WOULD be covered; "• Covers
activities whether competition or sport Worldwide". I believe there is a
statement in the sanction that stipulates coverage is void if the event is
sanctioned by another governing body, i.e. SFA (now defunct?).

As an organization, we certainly tend to rant and rave about the merits of
the rules ad nausium. Then enters the AMA and the Contest Board, whom
collectively make it nearly impossible to implement any change in a coherent
and timely manner. If we presume that NSRCA represents 75% of the ACTIVE
pattern fliers (numbers taken from the five contests I CD'd in Dallas) and
that "voice" is continually ignored, at best, or disdained, at worst, then I
tend to agree with Bob (boy, that hurts).

The "schedule annex" proposal was / is an attempt to wrest some control from
the AMA / Contest Board.  My understanding is that even before presentation
to the Contest Board, "they" had indicated that it would be shot down. Whose
interest do they serve? Who are the constituents? If we are but a pimple on
the AMA's butt, why do they care so much about how we conduct our events?

Confused in Dallas....................
gene.maurice at comcast.net
Plano, TX
AMA 3408