Rule Change Survey Results

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Nov 14 14:26:26 AKST 2003

On Nov 14, 2003, at 12:34 PM, george kennie wrote:

> Gee, it sounds like Mr.Fuqua is not even interested in the concerns of
> our group in spite of the fact that he's listed in my copy of M.A. as
> being the rep for district 5. I notice that he does not seem to want
> the rest of the board to gain exposure to the survey results. Could
> that
> be because he's the originator of the proposal in question?

He is the originator of the rule change proposal to have 0 or 10 for
takeoffs/landings.  I also signed the proposal.

> Does he even monitor this list, which is a voice of a group of which
> he is a member?

No.  There is too much traffic that is not appropriate to his interest.

> How does he keep up with the heartbeat of his constituents.  He must
> represent a very small geographical district and be able to contact
> everyone by word of mouth. And this guy is the chairman of the
> board?????  I must be missing something here somewhere!!! Somebody
> correct my error here. I' ve got to be wrong......(AGAIN).

He is like every other member of the contest board.  He responds to
input from constituents who contact him.  He contacted me three times
by email today because I contacted him three times.  His home e-mail
address is johnfuqua at gdsys.net   BTW, I don't think that AMA District 5
is a small geographic district.  It encompasses Alabama, Florida,
Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Permit me an aside.  If all the effort which went into the hand
wringing we've seen on this List about the takeoff and landing rule
change proposal went into constructive activity, we could get some real
work done in support of NSRCA.   Did anyone actually log on Tony's site
and read the proposal?

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org