Landings-THE ANSWER

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Nov 12 05:18:20 AKST 2003

After seeing all the discussion yesterday about scoring landings I went
home and could not sleep last night due to all this controversy on
landings (unrest in the world of pattern causes massive unrest in my
personal life).  At 4am I realized the problem and the answer. We need an
emergency proposal and a re-vote. Obviously those that voted to keep
scoring landings ( such as myself) must have been totally insane or were
just confused, kinda like the 2000 pres election in FLA. So now we need to
re-hash this and get it right.
The main problem is the fact that the landing is listed as a K-1. The
reason so many in pattern and the RC world in general have such a tough
time with landing is the totally UN arguable FACT that landing is a K-5.
That why it is so tough to judge and execute for so many.....If we just
get this emergency proposal thru all problems will be solved. Pilots will
the pay attention to landings and rush out to their local field and
practice practice practice this thing we call landing. Maybe we can even
put in a touch and go and make it a K-6.
Gosh-I hope this helps.....

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering