Landing (was Re: Re: Spoilers for Pattern Planes?????)

Earl Vincent ev3464 at sccoast.net
Wed Nov 12 01:31:22 AKST 2003

I have witnessed many pilots that should have the rudder control down a
little almost take the judges
heads off on some cross wind take offs, and have heard cheers from the pits
when a pilot has skillfully landed without incident in once again the same
hard cross wind. If the wind blew straight down the runway at every contest,
I would say why score it. In gusting cross winds I feel the score is
important to reward the pilot that shows he has better control of his plane.
More so in the lower classes this seems to be where refinded rudder inputs
should start. JMO.
Earl Vincent