Spoilers for Pattern Planes?????

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Tue Nov 11 15:36:40 AKST 2003

There's another reason for NOT scoring these worth considering.

Anyone ever noticed how quickly FAI gets into the air?  And DOWN, after they
exit the box?  If you have really crowded contests where moving the lines is
an issue, think about how many seconds each pilot burns while carriers are
parking planes on the runway, or awaiting the current guy setting up, taking
all the time in the world to set up that "perfect landing"....

There's a bunch of time there that could be saved, if folks just had to get
out there, blast off, and announce the box....and this reduces JUDGE
workload, also.

What's the downside of urging repeal of the scoring of takeoffs and
landings?

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net