Location of rudder control horn

DIETER ROZEK rozekd at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 20:37:44 AKST 2003

I just received a Temptation kit and noticed that the plans show the rudder
control horn about 1/3 from the bottom of the rudder.   I also noticed in
magazines that other F3A planes have a higher than normally located rudder
control horn.  I'm guessing that this is in an attempt improve control?  The
problem I'm having with this explanation is why don't we see the control
horns located in relatively the same position for the much larger IMAC
planes.  The majority of these planes appear to have the rudder control horn
located in the more traditional lower part of the rudder.  Why the
difference?  Also, I liked to hear some ideas regarding rudder linkages.
What is more common, pull pull arrangements via Kelvar cables running to the
rudder or a single carbon fiber push rod.  I'm  leaning towards the carbon
fiber pushrod that Central Hobbies sells.

Thanks

Dieter

# discussion-request at nsrca.org