Webra 1.45 props?

davel322 at comcast.net davel322 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 20:24:59 AKST 2003

With the 17" props (10, 12, 13 pitches), I've found the narrow blades are actually more load in the air - and substantially faster as well (up/down/horizontal), but don't accelerate from low speed quite as well.  In the air, the 17-12N is about the same load as a 17-13 std.  Optimal performance on the 12/13 pitch will be achieved with a longer pipe setting than the 10 pitch.

Also good - the 17-12W (even better brakes than the 17-12) and 18-10 (a bit louder, and needs a big cutout in the spinner).  I favor an APC 15.75-13 3 blade repitched to 11, as it has better brakes than any of the above props and is the easiest to fly constant speed (and it is by far the quietest).

I've found that most of the 140/145/160/170 2Cs will handle the bigger props without a problem - as long as the pipe is tuned to match - and most of the newer planes now have room for the longer pipe setups.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
DaveL322 at comcast.net

# discussion-request at nsrca.org