How to install drive washer & retainer for YS 140s?

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Fri May 23 16:36:30 AKDT 2003

Hi, All,
I am having problem installing the drive washer & retainer in my YS 140L.
I just replaced all the bearings.  Rear bearing didn't need much effort at
all.  I just pushed in with crank shaft.  Front bearing after installing the
oil seal was really tight, so I used crankshaft and drive washer with retain
to push in the front bearing.

All the bearings are in correctly.  Now, the drive washer does not stay on
with retainer.
When I tight the prop nut with washer, crankshaft turns.  prop can not hold
the drivewasher.
What is the best way to make the drive washer stay on?
I can not lock the drive washer to retainer.

I gotta solve this before running the engine. Otherwise the prop & nuts will
fly away.
Help~~

Ihncheol

# discussion-request at nsrca.org