Servo Extension Connectors

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Tue May 20 07:19:20 AKDT 2003

"Some sort of safety to ensure that connectors stay together is a good
practice, don't overlook the connections at the receiver."

I use two separate batteries, two switches, C-volt, and an LED to check and
display the voltage.  This past weekend, I turned the systems on (normally I
turn the backup first) without realizing that the backup was not showing
anything on the C-Volt and flew one flight.  Before the second flight I
FINALLY realized that the backup battery was not connected and took the
plane apart to check.  The plug going into the receiver unplugged (probably
when I was readjusting the receiver several nights before).  In summary,
even if you secure the plugs/extensions make sure there is adequate servo
lead length to absorb movement during installation and during flight.

W-