OS 140 RX Bearing care

bryan patriot at eatel.net
Wed May 14 15:37:18 AKDT 2003

Earl I have been running the EFI 1.40 O.S. for almost 1600 flights going on three years
I can predict Failer of every part on the motor within about 25 flights,
I never use after run oil, I leave the fuel in the tank ,don`t run the motor out ,,,I don`t do a thing but put it in the car
I fly about 700 flights a season and go through 2 rear bearings, never change the front bearing, save once, I Use Coolpower 25%
with a 17-3/4+12 APC prop
 the Stainless might  last about 150 flights
you have to leave the sheilds in the bearing, if they come with them
Boca Will not last they will rust no mater what you do
the first few runs  with the sheilded bearings are about 200r`s down but after that
no problems
I think Dave started using these bearing last year and he is having the same run times
you can get these Bearings from Hobbico, Radio South, get hold Of Mike Stokes or Tony Stillman if you run into problems finding them.
Bryan
WWW.EXECUTIVEAIRFRAMES.COM