MINTOR testing continued

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed May 14 15:26:37 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 5/14/2003 6:02:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Eric.Henderson at gartner.com writes:

> One funny note is that although it advises running FAI fuel at the end of
> the day it will hardly run on it... any thoughts on the straight fuel...
>
> Eric.

We tried that down here in humid FLA, and it still caused bearing failure.
It's the methanol that has to be burned off, since it will absorb water which
facilitates early bearing failure.

The method we have arrived at, is to burn all fuel out of the engine and use
castor oil or synthetic as after run. I use 15 drops of oil and 15 turns to
distribute. Webra bearings still silky smooth after 210 runs. OS 160 still
silky smooth after 187 runs.

regards

Matt Kebabjian