F3A Biplanes have a future!

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed May 14 15:15:04 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 5/14/2003 5:27:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ev3464 at sccoast.net writes:

> Someone mentioned they hoped everyone did not jump on the band wagon and
> feel that if you are not flying a bipe you are not going to get score,
> remember we are our own JUDGES at most contests. I to hope that the current
> designs get a chance to digest
> before this bipe/gas engine etc thing gets our attention. Chip could make a
> Falcon 56 look like a contender, just my personal
> opinion.
> Earl Vincent

Right on Earl; well said. Recently  I had a conversation with a young top
pilot who suggested to me that the newer wide bodied models score better than
the older toothpick types, due to judge perception or preference. I asked him
to show me where it says that in the rule book.

I am pointing this out, particularly with the Nats right around the corner,
that IF we have this kind of perception out there, please recalibrate
yourselves. It doesn't matter what a pilot flies or who the pilot is. If they
fly it well, please give them the score, and vice versa

regards

Matt Kebabjian