3M Mintor 170 questions

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP/ACQ James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil
Mon May 5 10:25:33 AKDT 2003

Hi Dean,

I cut 1.0" off the 3M stock header, used a ¼" gap on both the 3M 140 and
170.  I noticed an increase in performance in both engines.

3M 140:  15% cool power, two OS A5 plugs, 16.5 x 12W apc, 8380.  With  only
1.5 gallons through the engine, I've not totally leaned the top end.
Throttle response is excellent on the ground.  In flight, there are no
hesitations, pops, or other lack or running.  Tight inverted pushes like the
bottom of the center humpty bump, ½ roll down full roll up exhibit excellent
throttling.

Jim W.