Center of loop

don szczur dszczur at maranatha.net
Fri Mar 28 18:19:21 AKST 2003

Thanks again for all the great input.

-----Original Message-----
From: george kennie <geobet at gis.net>
To: discussion at nsrca.org <discussion at nsrca.org>
Date: Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: Center of loop

  Initially I was ready to debate this one, as I saw the length of the 45 Degree up, to one side of the vertical up, as being equal in length to the diameter of the loop on the opposite side of the vertical up and therefore the vertical up should represent the center, but there are a couple of other elements to consider. Remember, we are required to execute an entry and exit line of equal length. The end of the exit line would therefore be much closer to the vertical up than the beginning of the entry line.If you take these two lines into account, as indeed we must, you will then see that this shifts the center location toward the 45 up and indeed Mr. Kababjian is correct, in my opinion, that the center of the 45 up should represent the center of the maneuver.
     Thanks Don for the stimulation.
  Georgie