fuel filter puzzle

Brian Young b4598070 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 05:24:30 AKST 2003

Earl, Ive had the same problem. Usually a hesitation
coming out of a long idle, especially on inverted
stuff, you think it has died and then it pops and
goes. Sometimes blows a cool smoke ring.

What Matt said is correct, needle setting. You really
want the filter before the pump cause stuff in the
pump is bad. Maybe by moving the filter ahead of the
pump you dropped your pressure slightly more than
having the filter between pump and carb, thus leaning
the engine a bit more.

HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> > To:<A

HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> > Sent from the Internet
> >

> >  Earl
> >  I just last weekend started using my Webra 145,
> and noticed a hesitation
> > when I throttle up. My filter is also before the
> pump. This may be the
> > problem. I was thinking it may be a little rich on
> low end. I have 2
> > gallons fuel run through it now.15%.
> >
> > Jim Ivey
> >

> Jim,
>
> If you are running the pipe at the recommended
> length, then what you are
> describing is a lean idle needle. You may want to
> richen it a lttle at a time
> until the problem is eliminated.
>
> Also if you decide to run higher nitro than what you
> are using now, you
> wantto richen the idle needle.
>
> To prove it to yourself, I suggest that you run a
> tankful that is about 5%
> less nitro than what you are using now, and see.
>
> Matt Kebabjian

=====
Brian Young
Tulsa