fuel filter puzzle

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 19:21:30 AKST 2003

In a message dated 3/25/2003 10:19:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jivey61 at msn.com writes:

> Subj:Re: fuel filter puzzle
> Date:3/25/2003 10:19:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:jivey61 at msn.com">jivey61 at msn.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>  Earl
>  I just last weekend started using my Webra 145, and noticed a hesitation
> when I throttle up. My filter is also before the pump. This may be the
> problem. I was thinking it may be a little rich on low end. I have 2
> gallons fuel run through it now.15%.
>
> Jim Ivey

Jim,

If you are running the pipe at the recommended length, then what you are
describing is a lean idle needle. You may want to richen it a lttle at a time
until the problem is eliminated.

Also if you decide to run higher nitro than what you are using now, you
wantto richen the idle needle.

To prove it to yourself, I suggest that you run a tankful that is about 5%
less nitro than what you are using now, and see.

Matt Kebabjian