Finesse 120 Conversion to Fixed Gear

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Mar 10 21:47:17 AKST 2003

my recommendation is to use the Bolly large gear...You could get away with
the Std gear but they are pretty short and made for the 60 sized birds of
the past. Go to bollyprops.com for the specs....The std gear are a little
over 3/4" shorter than the larger gear........

The 140 sized birds I think the best gear are the F3A wide gear and the 2000
gear...The large are a little flexible when it comes to the really big 2M
birds.....Not so much weight as an issue but the fuse seems to rock quite a
bit on the larger gear...The wide seem to work better....on the wide body
designs the wide and 200 gear are a great fit....

Converting the old Finesse (not the 2M version) my guess is the std gear
might work but to be sure the large would be my choice.

as for location stick the gear under the leading edge of the wing..Then with
the sweep back the gear will be about in the same location as if the
retracts were still in it....

Troy Newman