Color Schemes, the good the bad and the visible

Pattrnflyr at aol.com Pattrnflyr at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 06:29:08 AKST 2003

Someone brought up an interesting point.  What kind of sky do you usually fly
in.  Here in Colorado we have 300+ sunny days a year.  Pacific northwest,
where I used to live does not.  Pick a color that works well in your "sky".
I love the color blue, don't use it here, I don't particularly like yellow.
All my pattern planes are yellow, because that is what I can see.  When you
are at the field pay attention to the sport guys aircraft that are different
colors to determine what you can see.  I also keep my trim schemes similar to
help me have the same sight picture on each aircraft.  The idea of light
tips, in my case cub yellow, also seems to work for me as well as having the
top very different from the bottom.

See ya,

Bruce