Snap rolls (long)

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 08:53:07 AKDT 2003

 Rule book page 78
 Snaps-----A snap is a simultaneous, rapid autorotation in pitch, yaw and
roll axes of flight in a stalled wing attitude. The following criteria apply:

 OK now here's where Earls explanation comes in: and he is correct, now it
seems that some wording is off in the rules the word simultaneous should not be
there as in the next sentence it clearly says that (initiated by a rapid stall
of the wing induced by a change in pitch attitude) this tells me I have been
doing this wrong all the time and need to do some work on this maneuver.

 An old fossil head like me it is much easier to do all the sticks at one
time, what I have always looked for is like the description on the snip, a cone
and it is pretty easy to see when someone is rolling out of the maneuver
instead of snapping all the way though. So now all that is left is to try and get
these old hands and mind to relearn something in 3 weeks, and review the judging
tape another time.

Thanks
Steve Maxwell