Wrong Maneuver issues

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Jun 11 18:35:55 AKDT 2003

That is one drawback; I've had a caller that was so intent on "coaching" me as
to control inputs, when to begin a maneuver, which rudder, etc. that I'm sure
the judges must have thought that I was a rank beginner.  They *had* to have
heard the individual.  Their thinking plus my flying...........it wasn't a
pretty picture on the scoreboard.
I still say, however, that if the judges request callouts, you refuse them at
your own peril.  To think otherwise disregards human nature.  Oh, I agree, it
might not make a huge difference, but in a judges mind whether to call a figure
a 8 or an 8.5, it just has to have an influence.  At least once in awhile.  And,
where we see contests being decided by a few points, indeed, I still say I
prefer to do it as requested.  Those of you in my class that prefer to tell the
judges "no".................all I can say is I really appreciate the extra point
once in awhile!<G>

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org