3M Mintor 1.40 Adjusment

wgalligan wgalligan at cnbcom.net
Fri Jun 6 06:57:53 AKDT 2003

Vicente,

What pipe are you using?   How far back to the first baffle?  What rpms with
the 17x12?    If you can make adjustments on a test stand this is best.  Use
two A5 plugs. Set your top needle to a  smooth high end is achieved then go
to idle and set low end.  If it speeds up and dies after extended idle it is
lean or if bogs down on runup.  It it slows down and dies its rich or if it
burbles on runup.  Probably a about 23"-24" to first baffle from plug would
be a good starting point depending on the type of pipe you are using.  Try
moving pipe in until you reach a peak static rpm then back it off about 1/4"
Try this and then see how it flies then make adjustments for in air flying.
You may need to reset the high and low end some after making pipe adjustment
and/or prop changes.  This has worked good for me on the last two larger two
stroke I have used.

Wayne