3M Mintor 1.40 Adjusment

VicenteRC at aol.com VicenteRC at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 06:43:54 AKDT 2003

I just finish breaking in a 3M 1.40. I follow the instructions and used 16x12 prop and settings for high and low end.  After breaking in I wanted to use the 17x12 to improve down-lines.  However, with the 17x12 the transition is very rich and the engine loads up and die.  I adjusted the low end all way clockwise and still having the same problem.

I haven't use 2C piped engines since long ago.  I have a feeling that I have tune the pipe lengh since the 2C is very tive to pipe tuning.  I think I have to increase the pipe lengh to tune the larger 17x12 prop (lower top RPM).  Is this correct?  Any ideas are welcome.

I am using Wild Cat 15%, 18% oil synthetic and OS F and OS A5 plugs.

Thanks,

Vicente
# discussion-request at nsrca.org