Help

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Jul 31 18:48:09 AKDT 2003

Thanks for the input guys. This thing holds pressure 'til next Tuesday.
No holes in the feed line either internally or otherwise.As far as
foaming goes, the tank being on the outside makes it very easy to see
the foam forming, and foam it does. It develops a head on it like a mug
of beer which appears to be assisted in it's initiation by the blast of
pressure jetting from the pressure line. As soon as the rpm is reduced
the foam disappears in approximately 1&1/2 seconds and the surface of
the reservoir is clear of any froth. It will run fine on the ground even
with a 1/2" head of foam on the fuel. Idle is good and transition
appears to be clean. I'm beginning to suspect that the pressure to the
tank is too high so I will experiment with cutting it back by turning in
the regulator.Right now it's flush. I also stuck a piece of foam under
the tank, but it did not appear to diminish the foaming action.I think
if I could see thru my canopy on my full size bird, I would be willing
to bet that there is an equal amount of foaming.I also don't have a lot
of faith in that blue tubing that YS uses as intake line to the carb as
I just had a split develop in one of the  lines on my L so I may just
replace that too.
Thanks for all the great advice.
Georgie