NEW concept? for pattern entry.

Jeff Hughes jhughes at hsonline.net
Wed Jul 30 04:19:48 AKDT 2003

Bill taught me to fly when I lived in South Bend, I think he was
flying a Deception at that time. We worked together at the old Clark
Corporation in Buchanan. He's been fighting health problems for years
(heart and liver), So he can't travel. He's the one that got me
interested in pattern, though it took me probably another 5 years
before I actually got the nerve up to go to a contest. He never
mentioned it, but he was obviously the best flyer at the SB field.
This is how you get people interested in pattern! Train newcomers and
watch for the ones with the obvious knack to fly!

Jeff

> Rick,
> How's Bill doing these days? I haven't seen or heard from him for a
while. I
> know that he is still on medication. He used to win in the lod
Sportsman all
> the time. Tom Mitchell and I flew against him many times. When he
pointed
> out, however, he couldn't move up. He was just not able with his
condition.
> By the way, we have 3 pattern contests a year in Michigan now. Not
bad
> growth from a few years ago. Would love to see you at the Milan
contest.

> Tom Weedon

Pattern.

--