PPG Concept safety

John Gausby humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 24 09:47:37 AKDT 2003

Hi folks........I'm ready to spray a 2M fuse using PPG Concept Acrylic Urathane from Radio South. This stuff is new to me after using K&B Superpoxy for many many years.

I've done some reading on safety including several articles submitted by David Flynt in the K-Factor. David recommends that all body skin be completely covered up and i should wear neoprene gloves. Is a full body suit necessary?

My paint booth is a seperate 10 X 10 room attached to my shop with a door. I have a large fan in the window that sucks out any fumes very well . The respirator i use is a new 3M double charcoal. I use an HVLP detail gun and a paasche airbrush for spraying..

Any saftey recommendations from ya'll would be appreciated. I understand this paint can be (especially the chemicals in the hardiner) real nasty..........Thanks.........John Gausby

John Gausby
humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.