Contest for Southern, IN (D3, D4, and D5 Area)

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Thu Jul 24 09:39:47 AKDT 2003

Please read and offer your thoughts...

I've had an interesting turn of events and will again ask for those interested in attending either of two events to please contact me.

Since my local club has not been very proactive in stepping up to the pate, I've been talking with our local airport authority. As luck would have it, The city Mayor is asking for an RC Aircraft Event for their Herb Fest October 4th and 5th.

So I'm now working with the City and the Airport for a win-win. I'm going to be asking for the Airport to support a Pattern Contest Labor Day weekend in return for me CDing an Event for the City's Herb Fest.

Number of entrants would not be an issue, there are zero obstructions, and plenty of space for 3 or more flight lines (don't think it would be necessary but very open space). Our corporate jets fly out of this airport.

So, two things:

1) Please let me know if you have interest in attending a D4 Contest in Southern Indaina for Labor Day Weekend.

2) If others would be willing to assist in running a special pattern event with an Airshow to follow on Sunday, I would be willing to support and propose a new Championship Contest:

Tri-District Invitational Championship for October 4th and 5th for the Herb Fest. I'm open for any suggestions and haven't finalized anything...Here are some of my thoughts...

A) To qualify, you must have either placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in your District Point Championships or placed 1st or 2nd in any pattern contest for the current season. It looks like D3, 4, and % are done in September. This would be open for any body AMA or NSRCA in any District.

My preference is to support the NSRCA and promote it as much as possible. However, If there isn't enough interest or support for any type of Pattern event for the Herb Fest, I will be forced to look at other type of RC flying Events. This isn't an if, it's more like a what type of event....

My Resume' for pulling this off:
1) AMA member since 1986
2) NSRCA Member since 2000
3) Number of contest attended - 10 (only competed in two this year in Sportsman)
4) Occupation - Program Manager 5yrs experience
5) AMA CD - #5024

I'm showing some honesty for those skeptics, but I know I can pull this off very nicely. I will not disappoint you. That is my commitment to the NSRCA.

Location - Huntingburg, IN

Distances....

Evansville, IN - 1 hour
Indianapolis, IN - 2 hours
Cincinnati, OH - 3-1/2 hours
Dayton, OH - 4 hours
Louisville, KY - 1-1/2 hours
Owensboro, KY - 1 hour
Nashville, TN - 3 hours
St. Louis, MO - 4 hours

I believe I have the drive and background to make this a must attend classic for pattern folks. I am open to recommendations and any support that you can offer.

Please let me know if you are willing to attend either Pattern Events if it works out. (The Herb Fest will have an Airshow to follow on Sunday. All attending the Pattern Event would be invited to fly during the Airshow any plane, Helicopter you desire).

The intent would be to have both contests as an Annual Event, not just a one time deal. I will be attending a City Council Meeting to discuss my proposal. I would like to present Pattern if possible. I'm now in discussion with the city to discuss how we might pull this off for this year.

Thanks,

Larry Diamond
AMA 5024
NSRCA 3083