NYX Golf Glasses

Brian Young b4598070 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 08:25:34 AKDT 2003

I had them in the car so I took a look. I have
contacts in at present but I dont think that should
affect the distortion. Without the prescription lens
clip there is no distortion.

The prescription clip does distort when I move my head
side to side or down, interesting that moving my head
up doesnt distort. The object changes position but not
size or shape.

There is a better quality optic material that the eye
doctor who makes the clip offers, I cant remember
whether I bought that or not.

My opinion though I am always tracking the plane when
flying, so side to side distortion doesnt bother me.

Is it possible to have the lense not distort, Ive
never tried this experiment on normal lenses? My
prescription is a light to moderate correction.

--- Dick Smith <flyrrs at cfw.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Looked at Golfsmith's web site and they look nice.
>
> Am interested whether you observe any distortion
> while wearing them and
> looking out either far side of the lenses, and to
> what extent. You can do
> this by moving your head up/down while at the same
> time keeping your eyes
> focused on the same object. Distortion will
> sometimes shown up on the top
> and bottom lens edges too. Some polycarbonate
> glasses often look nice but
> distort when looking through the lens in this
> manner.
>
> Also, you can sometimes see distortion by holding
> the glasses with both
> hand/fingers (by the ear pieces) and while looking
> at an object through the
> lens, rotate the glasses back and forth in a
> twisting circular motion. If
> there is no distortion you will not see any change
> in how the  object looks
> (i.e. shape, size, location, etc.)
>
> Would be interested to learn what you have observed.
>
> - Dick Smith
>
> =====================================
> # discussion-request at nsrca.org
> # and put leave discussion on the first line of the
> body.
> #

=====
Brian Young