OS 1.60 FX w/Regulator

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 09:58:33 AKDT 2003

Now have a couple gallons through this setup.  Running 15%, 18%oil, APC 16 x 12 Std....PastoMuff non-tuned muffler setup on a Gator SoftNSafe 120 mount, no nose ring.
    Faced with some initial adjustment challenges, and head scratchin about some deadsticking...proved beyond a doubt that a rusted main bearing can really make things hard to adjust, and have ZERO reliability.  That fixed, I was ready for the next challenge which seemed to be regulator location.
    For those who try this - get the regulator body as close to the centerline of the needle valve/spraybar.  It really did make a difference on inverted low throttle ups.
    So finally, after much messing around with it, I can say the Iron Bay Regulator works *as advertised*, and does a super job of consistent fuel delivery, if properly positioned.  Once I got that figured out, flights have become a joy!  Bump the spinner starting, transition is without burble or hesitations....
    Next we go to the 17 x 12 Std....anyway, I can recommend the Iron Bay "flight performance" now...it's a keeper, and works far, far better than my own past experience with the Cline units.

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, IMAC 1320, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net