RD8000 - Throttle Cut Off Problem

mrstev0922 at aol.com mrstev0922 at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 13:08:51 AKDT 2003

Larry,...

If I recall correctly I had a similar problem on my RD6000.  I ended up
diagnosing the problem myself and this is what I came up with:

I assume you are using a servo for each aileron, and that you are mixing the
control for channel 2 (standard aileron receiver port) with channel 6
(auxiliary aileron receiver port).  You are probably asking yourself what do the
aileron channels have to do with the throttle operation, bare with me I'm getting
to that, ha!!

There are two ways to activate the channel 2 to channel 6 mixing either by
activating the Flaperon function or activating the Spoileron function.  Either
of these methods will give you the desired aileron channel mixing; however the
spoileron function will give you a very screwed up throttle stick!!

Anyway, this is what I found to be the case in my RD6000 they may have
"fixed" or changed things for the RD8000.  In any case if you are already using the
Flaperon function and things are still messed up on the throttle stick then I
am of no use to you and I appologize for the babbling.

Once again, that's basically what I can remember from my experiences over a
year ago.  Details are a bit fuzzy but if any of this can help or point you in
the right direction then I'm grateful.

Sincerely,
Steve Teerlinck
"Huge Airtronics Fan"