Flying the ZEN 90

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 09:35:10 AKDT 2003

Many already may have known this, but today, I had a first hand experience at flying a new guys' Zen 90, with a YS 120 4c Std....16x8, stock muffler.
    Even with the retracts...and doing some trimming...and it being slightly nose-heavy (expected), it was a VERY nice package.  It does many things exceptionally well, and has a pretty wide speed/control envelope...Easy to slow down with a bigger prop...Nearly dead neutral on belly pitch, with plenty of control and balanced feel.
    If anyone is searching for the "almost 2M, Pattern ARF", that would TRULY be competitive right out of the box, I can sure recommend this one.
    Eyeing the Zen 120 FAI.... :-)

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, IMAC 1320, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net