Battery Question

Ron Lockhart ronlock at comcast.net
Mon Jan 13 07:19:59 AKST 2003

Ive been using a similar set up on pattern
bird for a few years.  Two 700mah 5 cell nicads,
each thru a separate switch, into separate plugs
into into one receiver.  Airtronics Stylus PCM.
No regulators.  Works fine.
PROs IMHO:   Redundancy in battery pack, switch,
plugs, and wiring to the receiver.  Zero added
single point failure modes. Very low cost & weight.
CONS IMHO:  You have to charge, check and
turn on/off each pack separately.

Ron Lockhart