4 blade Idle/Braking (4 blade prop/Zen 120/Webra 145-Greve pipe)

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Fri Dec 5 07:49:06 AKST 2003

Yep - to spin the 4 blader well, I had to get the Mintor 1.70 on it's Bolly
pipe.  And the weight of airframe plays a big part in how well the 4 blader
works in verticals.  I'm liking the downline advantages so much that it's a
good trade off for my heavier plane.
    With the Viper, at 10lbs, vertical is NOT a problem, 4 blader or not.
Next best is the 17 x 12 Std, followed by the 17 x 13N.  Both work well, but
if you have clearance problems....not so good.
    You may consider a three-blade.  I have used the Bolly 16.5 x 12 3
blader, and it WORKS -very well - albeit somewhat noisier in the air than
APC.

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net