DIY cable channel - Hobby visions show.

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Fri Dec 5 05:41:17 AKST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: RobGherman at aol.com
To: DHOBBY at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 9:34 PM
Subject: HobbyVisions on TV

Great News for our Hobby Industry!

TV Guide will feature the HobbyVisions Show special in it's pages in the
month of December. The HobbyVisions TV Show Special will begin airing this Sunday,
December 7th on the DIY-Do It Yourself Network. The show will air many times
and reach over 23 million homes.

In a December Hobby Merchandiser article DIY TV host Chris Chianelli states:
"Well, the outcome is very simple. During December, TV Guide will be

recommending that readers watch the HobbyVisions special. That means all

the products featured during the shooting of the HobbyVisions Special will not

only be featured on DIY, which now goes into 24-million homes, but will be

recommended viewing by TV Guide during the height of the Christmas shopping

season! And TV Guide, in case you didn't know, is the largest circulation

publication in America at about 28-million. Gee, do you think shoppers

searching for a gift for that loved one who has everything will be inspired?

Possibly only a million or so! And the main focus of the HobbyVisions

Special was action demos of all sorts of products by attending exhibitors.

Products from Team Losi, Traxxas, Megatech, Model Rectifier Corp., Hangar 9,

Tamiya, Kyosho, Bachmann and so many others will be played and replayed
during peak

holiday shopping season, and an all-new audience, those unfamiliar with our

industry, will be directed to the show by TV Guide. Go ahead, I want you to

tell me that it gets any better than this for our great industry-it doesn't.

The show was, in fact, a resounding success. Even the TOC (Totally

Outrageous Challenge) that was on Friday kicking off HobbyVisions held at

William Bennett Field, and in deference of this great man and supporter of

our industry, miles away from the Venetian was jam-packed with spectators.

The huge parking lot was overflowing out onto the surrounding roads.

Hershel Worthy, of Pacer Corporation who attends many events

said to me, "I don think I've ever seen so many at an R/C event, at any five

shows combined, this is just great!" The HobbyVisions Special will also

feature many of the demos put on during the TOC that millions will be

viewing! Momentum like this we simply have never had. No other trade or

consumer show has ever offered such meaningful results and I invite each and

every one of you from our industry to join in and reap the benefit by

supporting HobbyVisions."

The HobbyVisions International show at the Sands/Venetian Las Vegas is
planned for October, 2004. The new HobbyVisions show will feature even more
exhibitors, a revamped trade show floor plan and hours, a sophisticated surveillance
system, valet & auxillary parking and thousands of hours of pre and post show
hobby product publicity worldwide.

HobbyVisions invites the RCHTA to join us in the revenue sharing and
promotion of the show. HobbyVisions recently contributed over $45,000 to The National
Retail Hobby Stores Association(NRHSA), Model Railroad Industry Association
(MRIA) and the International Model Hobby Manufacturers Association (IMMA).

Exhibit contracts and buyer registration will be in the mail in a few weeks.
Until then, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Rob Gherman
Publisher/Trade Show Director
Hobby Merchandiser Magazine