Lithium or Not ?

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 11:50:03 AKDT 2003

Jim or anyone else who can shed light on the subject
Jim Questions on your "Lithium Yes" post
1. Why is a system with a regulator better? A system without one has one less
point of failure. and the radio airborne fail-safe system works unregulated @
4.8 volts. It does not work at higher voltage since when you get to the
fail-safe voltage the batteries are discharged beyond the point of being able to
operate. Fail-safe trip point is 4.3 volts on my radio.
2. I agree
3.I agree
4. How is it less complicated than a Sirus charger with NiCads? One hour
charge with a Sirus charger and 4 cell NiCad pack and it is fully charged.
5. How is the remaining charge predicted? Are they cycled down to assure the
capacity the same as NiCad's?
6. "Less maintenance. No cycling." If this is true how is the actual capacity
of the pack determined?
7. OK
8. Isn't that true of any system? If not why?

Back to my original question, Do Li-Ion packs have a circuit breaker built
in?
Do they Contrary to NiCad's fail open?
Just trying to sort out the reasons that I should consider going this way
over NiCads that I have been using for years without a problem.
Buddy