Poland - Electric.

BCripe7350 at aol.com BCripe7350 at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 20:57:17 AKDT 2003

I am just a lurker wanna be pattern competitor but it sure seems like you
guys are making a much bigger deal of this than what is necessary.  You guys are
assuming that the electric plane has no chance of winning and that he's only
doing it for sponsors.  Do you really think Jason feels that way?  There is
ALOT for both him and his sponsors to lose if he doesn't do good.  Think about
it.  What you dont realize is that it electrics really are state of the art and
likely the future of RC.  Go check out ezonemag.com.  Read the discussions.
The advances are rapidly happening.  Its pretty amazing!  Sure right now it
costs alot but so does EFI YS's and OS's, Carbon tuned pipes, Hyde mounts, Bolly
props, 20-20, etc.  As time goes on prices will go down.

At this level most of the top competitors are taking chances and pushing the
envelope.  Isn't Chips plane a gamble?  Its incredibly fragile, its a biplane,
etc.  Usually the top pattern guys show up with experimental YS's and OS's.
Isn't that a gamble?  I haven't heard the same outrage when that has happened.
 A couple of years ago showing up with an ARF would have been a serious
gamble!

I think its great.  The interest in electric pattern planes is much more than
most think.  Look at where we are in 2003.  Arfs, Biplanes, electrics who
would have thought this was possible five years ago?  There are people out there
who have no idea what a YS is but are discussing Jasons plane with a great
amount of interest.  That has to be good for pattern in the long run.

Bill Cripe
Tustin, Ca